In episode 10 I talk to Jim Demeray (follow Jim on Twitter or see Jim’s MySpace Page). He’s the managing partner at the Earls Vic East location. I met Jim in University and he always was a little different, a little weird. In a good way.
I always looked up to Jim because he had an amazing gift of entertaining people back in University and he still does to this day. He’s a natural entertainer. Couple a shining personality with a strategic thinking mind that’s constantly learning and you get a brilliant leader and partner in Earls Vic East restaurant.
Running Time: 36:09
In this episode:
- Where did Jim Demeray come from
- What was he like as a kid.
- How did he become to social butterfly he is today
- How people like Derek Wu, Jim Christie, and Colter Wood influenced Jim
- Mirror neurons
- What was Jim like in elementary school (he liked girls)
- How confidence builds as you mature – “A kid on a play ground in grade three could have the same level of confidence as a marketing manager in a board room, in comparison to their peers.” Confidence is relative.
- “You should choose to hang around with people you look up to.”
- How do you run Earls differently?
- How did the Earls Partner Awards (EPA’s) start?
- How he helped open three additional Earls restaurants in Canada and the US.
- Earls Vic East on Twitter (@EarlsVicEast)
- Does Earls Advertise?
- How did you build the team you have a Earls right now?
- What he believes in the hierarchy of traditional management
- What do you want to do in the future?
- Other than work what else Jim loves to do
- What should people think of when looking at choosing their career? – “Put the company before yourself.“