Live from Smitty’s in the Golden Mile, I talk to Brandon Wu about his company and how he got his start.
I’ve known Brandon for at least Seven years now, though we didn’t start our friendship off on a positive note. I remember in fourth year university I was talking to people about going to the next Business Students Society event and Brandon didn’t like it. We had somewhat of a heated debate, I called his brother up immediately and proclaim to Derek that his brother was a “bitch”. It wasn’t long after a few conversations with Brandon and Derek, and several BSS events later, I think he changed his mind and Derek and I both agreed that brandon wasn’t actually a bitch.
Brandon has always been a thinker. Always learning a new skill set or developing his next entrepreneurial idea, I think he’s really found a niche in building amazingly affordable websites.
Running time: 21:32
In this episode:
- How he got started in website development (The beginning of NorthWorks)
- The first website he was a part of; ThePoutine.com
- How he builds websites
- Why he uses WordPress
- Why the websites Brandon creates are cost effective and a smart choice for small business owners
- What does the future of website development hold?
- What will websites look like in the future?
- What Google likes in a website
- Why NorthWork’s website’s are incredibly user friendly to update
- How his remarkably fast turn-around on completing your website will be a competitive advantage over time
- Why he doesn’t want to do large, high maintenance websites
Brandon’s company NorthWorks Web Design and Development